KO legends - the real Sci-fi boxing simulator? ~ Mobile Gaming Expert

Best viewed at 1280x1024 in IE and Opera browsers

 .

Thursday, April 24, 2008

KO legends - the real Sci-fi boxing simulator?

1 Do you remember the time you started doing something sure it's not worth it, and a few minutes into the process you thought you were wrong only to find out you WEREN'T wrong after all... This is how I felt with Gameloft's KO Legends(also known as KO fighters)
When I started the game I was under impression it will be another audio/visually dominating but somewhat unoriginal game, because let's face it - Gameloft have a serious problem with original content these days. And I was right - the game has "borrowed" half of the content from one of the last Rocky games (I believe the name was Rocky Legacy). I was happy with it for a time though because the Gameloft game had some additional depth to the mechanics and the customization options almost made me feel like I'm playing something different than heavily scripted, arcade beat 'em up game. Everything was fine until I actually won the world title and the bonus content become available. Then I was all: "WTF GAMELOFT?! WTF!!!" I don't want to insult anyone but the idea of fighting in ALIEN tournaments after that is so stupid it's braindead. It actually threw away all the psychological attachment created with personification options and all the serious stuff in the game. Or maybe the problem is in me, I don't know but in my book world title boxing and aliens don't mix.

Graphic and sound 9/10
Gameplay      9/10
Value for money   5/10*
Novelty          5/10
Total          7/10*

The bottom line - The alien stuff in a boxing game made me feel like I've had one too many hit in the head. If you have no problem with it put +3 on value/ +2 Total

If you're still interested you can check out the video I've found on Youtube:

It is widescreen but it will give you an idea of the game.

No comments: