Week#5 ~ Mobile Gaming Expert

Best viewed at 1280x1024 in IE and Opera browsers

 .

Monday, April 21, 2008

Week#5

Editorial day. Again.

Some of you, who are interested in mobile gaming have probably noticed by now I'm not reviewing every game out there  and might be wondering why. There are two main reasons:

The first one is the game potential I see in a title. I try to read about and play as many games as possible, but some of them seem to lack something vital. Sometimes it's evident from the game title itself. Sometimes I have to see a screenshot or two, or play the game a little, but when I do I just know that this game is not worth any serious attention. Those are the games I usually don't review- I respect my free time too much to write about every misguided attempt at java gaming.

The second best reason for a game to be skipped for a review is availability or to be precise - UNavailability. I couldn't acquire some titles in any legal way so they don't get a review. Those games have the chance to get a review some day if I get my hands on a copy.

The third reason (yeah, I know I said there are only two  but sometimes 2=3:) is I simply don't have the time to review everything on the market so I'm basically trying to stick to the games that really impressed me in some way, good or bad.

To address what I see as a problem here I decided to put in another category on the blog and call it "Quickie". No, not talking about sex. The idea is to write in just a couple of words what I like or dislike about a game and whether or not I consider it worthy for a review if I get the opportunity. I know  most people would call this a preview, but  I don't think this is correct considering the fact that a review is unlikely to follow on most of those games. Besides I like "quickie" better :)

So starting some time this week I'll be giving you short(shorter than the reviews that is) overviews of the new games. There might be a blog category reorganization too, but it might come in later. We'll see about that.

Now for the weekly schedule:

Ko legends

Command and Conquer: Tiberium wars mobile

The Spiderwick chronicles

A surprise review is always possible so keep an eye on the blog :)

No comments: